Scotty’s Auto Parts has grown from humble beginnings in a corn crib and a trailer converted into an office, setting on a few acres, to a business with a large warehouse, a dismantling garage, and a sales office. In October of 1992, at the urging of Scott’s son Travis (who joined the business in 1988), Scott installed a satellite based computer system that allowed Scotty’s to locate and sell parts nation wide and throughout Canada. This gave Scottys greater access to parts to meet our customer needs. That step has grown into the Pinnacle system we now use to inventory and sell parts to many sources on the internet.
After graduating from Virginia High School in 1959, Scott worked the summer for McCurdy Ford in Jacksonville then he attended Rankin Trade School in St. Louis to learn the auto body business. After graduating in 1960, Scott worked at DeWitt Olds-Cadillac in Jacksonville from 1960 to 1961. In the summer of 1961 he purchased Dudley’s Garage in Virginia and on August 7th, 1961 opened Scotty’s Body Shop.